Oh how I've been struggling with the holiday's this year. It is the first year in many that I am working over the holidays and to add misery to the mix I am far away from family and all of my special things that dress up my home for Christmas. I keep trying to purchase items that will fill my soul with the feelings of Christmas, but of course I have not been able to really feel that joyful feeling that this time of year brings.
My aunt Susie sent me this video and I am happy to say I am finally feeling a bit of Christmas spirit. A total textbook case, I was looking in all of the wrong places. The joy and merriment of this time of year can only come from the celebration and remembrance of my Savior. No toy, gadget, pricey hot chocolate or tune can quite match the warm feelings I get when I remember the reason for Christmas. We celebrate Christ's birth and in turn the life he led and his ultimate sacrifice for each and every one of us. May we all pause for a moment, stop the endless baking and gift lists and give thanks for the Savior. Merriest of Christmases to you!
December 18, 2009
the spirit of christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment