It is crazy to me when chatting in our dressing room how many people do not exfoliate! Next to cleansing and moisturizing properly it is the most important thing for my skin. Now, I don't mean scrub until you scrape off all of your healthy outer derma layers....that's just crazy talk. I mean find the routine that's right for your skin (I like to do it 3x's a week in the summer and 1-2x's a week in the winter) and put it into action. You'll see a healthier glow and minimized pores with less blackheads. Who doesn't want that!
I personally use (and have used since high school) St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It's not an Allure Favorite for no reason. It's a great product! I have also tried lots of other scrubs and microdermabrasion kits out there which were all great, but I keep going back to St. Ives Apricot Scrub because of the fab price point (like $3) and because my skin isn't extremely sensitive and really benefits from the product. It comes in original, gentle, and medicated for acne prone skin.
A few other products which I think would be great...
Korres Pomegranate Scrub ($21) - fab packaging and great product line.
Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Peel ($44) - pricey, but I have loved every product I have used from this line.
Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads ($55) - super easy to use, and another great product line.
Other great product lines: Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, Boscia, Kate Somerville, DDF, Murad, Clinique, and Bliss. No matter what product you decide to use, I think it wise to start helping your cells turnover gently. Happy sloughing!!












No comments:
Post a Comment