May 12, 2010

ronald mcdonald house

Cast member Lesley McKinnel set up an opportunity for us to give a concert and craft with some of the kids and families who are currently staying at the Durham, NC (Duke Hospital) Ronald McDonald House.  If you don't know much about a RMcD house it is a home offered for families to stay together, in proximity to a treatment hospital...basically a home away from home during a really difficult time. 

We had an amazing experience and the kids were awesome.  We plan on doing this in every city we go to!  Thanks Ronald McDonald House for letting us come!  If you would like to donate or volunteer at a Ronald McDonald house click HERE

You can read a little news article about it HERE (I have a short little quote towards the end)!

3 comments:

Cortney H. Phillips said...

Looks like the kids and cast all had a great time! :) Great place, my cousin's family stayed there after their daughter was born 4 months premature, at that exact same one. :)

Emily Wilson said...

I can barely see you!! But looks like everyone had a blast. That was nice of you guys to serve others.

Just Bob said...

What a great experience for all. It made me think back to Caitlyn's stay in Primary Childrens Hospital. I was catching up on your blog & at first thought Emily was being mean about your picture in the article until I realized I was confusing the Durham news article with the Dayton news article (you have quotes & pictures in both). But, are you "Galinda’s best friend in college and understudy for the featured role of Madame Morrible", or "Glinda's mean friend at school, and pulls the wicked witch's hat out of a box"? But I'm sure you weren't part of the "cast members from the musical “Wicked” (who)were having a terrible influence on 20 impressionable area" children. Yet when I read this quote, “In this scene, we want to pulverize that green girl” Wilson said, I was only sure of one thing. I AM confused! LUVU, DAD

I can't understand it. I can't even understand the people who can understand it.
- Queen Juliana

Related Posts with Thumbnails