So I talked about the cake pops I made with sis Emily a few weeks ago on my twitter and I keep getting questions for a step by step. Here are the Halloween inspired cake pops I made for the cast today....a step by step if you will.....
I found my original inspiration at Bakerella. I like this tutorial from Pioneer Woman too :)
take a cooled 13 x 9 cake and crumble into a large-ish bowl

roll by hand into similar sized balls and place on a cookie sheet
Line with foil {or wax paper} to ease clean up
Line with foil {or wax paper} to ease clean up
place in the freezer for a quick chillor put in the fridge for a few hours to get 'em all nice and solid
your tools
styrafoam block, candy/choco melts, deco, lolly sticks
styrafoam block, candy/choco melts, deco, lolly sticks
take cake balls out of freezer and insert lollipop stick into cooled cake pop
melt choco/candy melts in a double broiler {I actually did mine in the microwave}use a little shortening/veg oil to thin out the chocolate a bit if you need
use a spoon or mini spatula to cover cake pop
put them onto the Styrofoam block and into the freezer for a few minutes
then, transfer to the fridge for more solidifying
then, transfer to the fridge for more solidifying
finished product

A bunch of gorgeous Halloween Cake Pops
all pics taken on my iphone....which now has chocolate all over















1 comment:
Amazing...I love it! We had them last night again and they were so good :)
Post a Comment