October 27, 2008

weekend wrap up

Here's what I learned...

1. Listening to young children sing is just down right the closest thing to being in heaven. I taught voice and acting for singers this past week at my friend Mindy Smoot-Robbins voice studio and was blown away by some of these young singers and caught myself tearing up when this really little ones (I mean, as young as 5!) would get up in front of the whole class and sing "Castle on a Cloud" or "A Spoon Full of Sugar." It was also a great learning experience for me to see a home studio and how it works. I really enjoyed it Mindy! If you are in the Alpine/Highland area, I HIGHLY recommend sending your children for voice to Robbins Music Theatre Academy!

2. Happening upon a JCrew warehouse sale is just down right incredible - just get ready to dig. Little sis, Caitlyn found some serious finds including a fab 100% cashmere dress. I was so tired after a long day of teaching that I just didn't feel up to bin diving, so I hit the tie table and got some fab silk ties for the boys in my fam ($4!!!), some awesome sweaters for Dad, and a few other little gifts. Shopping for others can be way more fun sometimes.

3. I really miss teaching. I taught an Audition Workshop for the BYU MDT, Acting Track, and Dance students and found as I looked out over the many faces in attendance that I have come a long way since my days at the Brigham and how much I miss the world of teaching. I was very impressed with their insightful questions and bounding energy! I was also amazed with the new studios at BYU and sincerely hope that I was able to give some real insight into the real world of the business of show.

4. I cry at weddings. My close friend Tara got hitched over the weekend and I'm pretty sure I started crying at the beginning of the wedding (10 am) and finally stopped crying when I was driving home late that night (10 pm). PMS played a little part in this for sure, but it was such a beautiful day with so many lovely and kind words expressed. Tara is one of the kindest and most gentle people I know and it was so lovely to witness the beginning of her forever. The wedding, luncheon, and reception were beautiful and Tara just glowed all day long. I'm so happy for you Tara!

5. Sunday is a day of rest? Not so much at my house yesterday. Lots of the neighborhood kiddies came over (as usual) and my Dad made homemade play-dough (a huge hit), I set up a little volleyball net for an impromptu game, and lots of throwing the ball for our dog Roxy. There was of course lots of treats (none for the dieters-ugh) and lots of random requests. When Riley showed up (3 years old) she ran in and screamed BOO! Hillarious. She then saw the play-dough and announced that she would be taking it home. Just another Sunday at the Wilson home!

Have an awesome week!

2 comments:

maggie said...

a j.crew warehouse sale?!!! are you kidding me?!!! i am so jealous! :)

Tara B said...

It really made my day, more than I can say, that you were there, Erin. Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails