October 6, 2008

weekend wrap up

Here's what I learned...

1. Being at home is the best therapy anyone could ask for. I immediately start to shift back to my normal self, anxiety and worry slip away, and I just get to laugh and be reminded how joyful life really is. Sometimes I think I replace joy with stress in my daily life that I forget to live in the present and enjoy it!

2. Conference rocks. Oh my gosh, it was so good this time around....but, I think I say that every conference. There was so much focus on hope and faith--two things I always need to be reminded of. Love it!

3. Food fights are fun. Well, not so much a fight, but getting dumped on was super fun. Caitlyn and I went to Nicole's "dumped" shoot at Rubberball and had a blast. I will post pics soon....

4. Sometimes having your house broken into is a good thing. Our sweet 3 year old neighbor Riley is the funniest girl ever. I was sitting at the table working on the computer and sure enough bounding around the corner from the garage entrance was Riley. She likes to come over and play with our dog, Roxy and eventually lets herself in to the house to see whats going on. She likes to visit with everyone, especially my dad. She asked my mom, "where's your Dad?" Of course, she was referring to my dad (because it might just be too early for the heaven talk) and we had a good chuckle over it. She likes to throw the ball to Roxy and talk about her grandma who is on a mission. She also has the sweetest strawberry blonde hair and loves Ariel. We often talk about what she is going to be for Halloween. I cannot wait for the next Riley visit!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails