Here's what I learned:
1. I am so grateful for all of my friends and family who have sent thoughts and love to me before my surgery.....how nice for something THAT NEVER HAPPENED! I got a call Monday morning (the day before my surgery) that my surgeon had to go in for emergency back surgery and my procedure needed to be postponed. Well! They just said that they were sorry. Um, I don't think sorry will bring me back the flight that I paid for. Ugh! {My surgery is now postponed until either Thanksgiving or Christmastime now....I don't want to waste another flight!}
2. Jersey Boys is still one of the best musicals I have ever seen. My dear friend Heather offered me a comp ticket to see the show {again--I've seen it 5 times now I think} and I still loved it. The book and the direction is SO tight that no matter which cast you see, the show will be GOOD.
3. I will miss the Olympics. It has been so fun to cheer on the athletes and super fun when USA wins GOLD! My favorites included: Men's/Women's Beach Volleyball, Men's Volleyball, Men's/Women's Gymnastics, Diving and Men's Basketball. I will not miss the female announcer for diving (so negative), the underage Chinese gymnasts, and the too much celebratory dancing of a certain Track and Field runner for Jamaica. Congrats USA for winning the most medals of any country!
August 25, 2008
weekend wrap up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Bummer about your surgery and wasted flight. Flights are not cheap right now!
Oh well it was still fun to have you home! Can't wait til you come back!!!
I am sorry they canceled your surgery to bad they never comp you for your time! Next time your in town you should call me I would love to catch up.
Post a Comment