May 20, 2008

work it out

The problem: Typically I walk into the gym with all sorts of hopes and dreams of completing a fantastic, rigorous exercise. Then I get on a treadmill or elpitical and grunt out 30 mins of cardio and walk right out of the gym. Because of this painstaking process I find myself never wanting to go to the gym.

My current solution: I have had trainers in the past, and really like having one....although living in the NY with not much $$ to spare leaves me without one. Thus, I've been eyeing Ipod fitness trainer workouts for awhile. There are a few good ones to choose from and I would love to know if anyone out there has tried it. Basically, a trainer will lay down a vocal of a training session and I can download it on my ipod which will accompany my workout music. I think its brilliant because I don't really need a lot of help with form, I just need someone in my ear to tell me what to do next....and to keep me going!

I'm deciding between this and this. Help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is now two things I've learned while passing through your blog! I didn't know about the iPod trainers. I'm the same way with workouts. I think I just hate the gym, though. I can't keep myself going if I hate what I'm doing, and I hate the treadmill and other machine-y stuff. I prefer doing stuff outside or, if I am going to be at the gym, taking a class of some kind (yoga, aerobics). The same principle applies in the classes--someone telling me what to do.

PB and JS said...

Hey Erin-
How's it going. I am so glad I finally got a blog and now I can remember to look at yours all the time. I miss hanging out with you. Anyway I hate treadmills, stepper, and all the others. I get to bored on them. The only workout I like is Turbo Jam...Have you seen it on TV? Anyway it's actually fun. I am always so happy when I get the time to do it. She has an ab routine that is awesome, and a new ball workout that kicks your butt. Anyway Just something to look into if you haven't tried it.
Jessica

Related Posts with Thumbnails